Palak(Spinach) is one of my favourite veggies and endorsed by Popeye. But apart all that its a a veggie high on nutrition. So in one of the cookery shows I happen to see a recipe of Palak Pulao. And it tempted me to make my own version. So here it is.
1 Bunch of Spinach
2 tbs green chilly-ginger-garlic paste
2 cups of Basmati rice
Salt to taste
1 carrot; shredded
2 tbs ghee
3-4 cashews cut in two halves
1. Cook the rice before hand and keep it aside
2. Cut Onions in to long strands as shown below
3. Wash Palak before using so as to remove dirt. Take a vessel and put water,salt and palak in to and boil for 5-7 minutes till the leaves become tender enough( This procedure is know as blanching - though not sure)
4. Grind the spinach and ginger + garlic paste and 2-3 green chilies together and form a thick paste.
5. Heat ghee in a thick bottom vessel, add Jeera and mustard seeds then add chopped onions and stir fry for 3 minutes. Add other ingredients such as cashews
6. Add thick palak paste,rice and little water.
7. Mix evenly and cook for 5-7 mins.
8. Dress it with shredded carrot to give a good colour combination