Tuesday, May 31, 2005

What is Effective Communication????

Read the below stories for knowing what is Effective Communication????
Story 1
Jack and Max are walking from religious service. Jack wonders whether it would be all right to smoke while praying. Max replies, "Why don't you ask the Priest?" So Jack goes up to the Priest and asks, "Priest, may I smoke while I pray?" But the Priest says, "No, my son, you may not. That's utter disrespect to our religion."
Jack goes back to his friend and tells him what the good Priest told him. Max says, "I'm not surprised. You asked the wrong question. Let me try." And so Max goes up to the Priest and asks, "Priest, may I pray while I smoke?" To which the Priest eagerly replies, "By all means, my son. By all means."
Moral: The reply you get depends on the question you ask.
Story 2
Once a young astrologer visited the house of a rich man. He was received well and asked to predict the future of the rich man. After a few calculations the astrologer told,"All your relatives will die before you". On hearing this ,the rich man got angry ,and sent him out without any rewards.

Later , when the young astrologer met his guru and told him about the incident.Then the guru asked him to accompany him in disguise. They went to the same rich man. The guruji was asked to predict the future .After some calculations he said, " What a lucky man! You will live long longer than all your relatives. The rich man was happy and rewarded the guru.

Moral : Not only the message but how you tell it is equally
important.

No comments: