Saturday, June 25, 2005

Five Point Some One

I have yet to figure out the best part of my job but commuting to my workplace is quite enriching. Though the trains are crowded to the last centimeter, I find a way to read a book. Recently I laid my hands on a novel titled “Five Point Someone” by Chetan Bhagat. He is an IIT, IIM alumnus. The story revolves around three friends and their life in an IIT hostel.

The style of writing is simple and very young full of common youth lingo. The book is not a great piece of literature but classics are not meant to be read, right. Three friends- Alok, Ryan and Hari are the central characters, and the whole story is narrated by Hari. I could identify with some part or other with each and every character but Hari is close to my heart.

There is not much to think about the story or any takeaways. But is that everyday kinda stuff which happens to normal guyz.

Help yourself to get a copy and read it

No comments: